Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Recovery: 6 weeks Post-Op

It's been 2 weeks since my last update, let me tell you a lot happened.

First off, I caught the worst cold ever, which turned into a sinus infection. I felt like the first week after surgery, tons of pressure and couldn't breathe at all through my nose. How frustrating! I ended up getting anti-biotics and it blew out the infection after about 10 days. I now finally feel better, but of course I caught a new cold. This one is just a normal cold though so hopefully no return of sinus infection. I'm doing the neti pot daily to keep my nose clean and clear. It helps a lot and gets a tone of the mucous out, and after I can breathe extremely well! At this point I'm feeling great, and have excellent flow through my nasal airways, feels like a normal nose again which is awesome.

On the downside... one week ago a scary thing happened. I was playing with my adorable 1 1/2 year old Luna, and she head-butted my nose (by accident of course). She was below me and kind of jumped up really fast, and her little head directly hit the tip of my nose, in an upward direction. Ouch! It hurt really bad for about 30 minutes, but didn't bleed. But then it instantly swelled up, and i saw a hump on my nose, ACK! I freaked out and called my doc asap. He said to wait a few days for the swelling to go down, then come in so he could take a look.

Here's a pic of me one week after the "hit", frustrated and mad that I wasn't more careful:


Thankfully no bones were broken, but he did say that sometimes when that happens cartilage could shift and essentially create a small bump. BUT he seemed to think it could be fixed pretty easily. He said we won't know for sure what happened - if anything - until my 3 month checkup. So worst case scenario is that the cartilage shifted, i have a small bump, and have to get that fixed. I don't know the details of "getting it fixed", but he said it definitely would not require full on surgery again. So that's good news.

Of course i'm totally obsessed checking my nose all the time. The swelling from the hit seems to finally have gone down, but I swear it feels a little different, and I can see a very small bump that wasn't there before. My hubby thinks it's all in my head, and he can't tell any difference. But I'm so worried that all my doc's wonderful work was ruined. The hardest part is that there is nothing to do except wait for my 3 month checkup! So another test to my patience. And there is also the chance that everything is fine, and it's just healing like normal. Who knows! Will update again next week.

21 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your rhinoplasty experience. I read through each of your posts as it corresponded with what day post-operation I was at (today i'm at post-op day 7). It was really helpful. Please post an update!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow I love that you shared your experience. I am 9 days post-op...had an open rhinoplasty and chin augmentation. I loved reading your posts and hearing that I was not alone in freaking out because I couldn't breathe LOL. I hope everything turned out ok with your "accident" and would love to have a final update with pics! Congratulations, you look awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey guys, just letting you know I finally posted updated pics! hope your recovery is going well. :) http://humpbegone.blogspot.com/2010/08/1-year-post-op-update.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad to know your successful rhinoplasty surgery. Honestly, you look so awesome now. You inspire many readers who also want to undergo a nose job. In Los Angeles, nose surgery is very popular among women here. I can say that here in Los Angeles, rhinoplasty surgeons are truly professional and licensed.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am also thankful for your blog. I had a revision rhinoplasty with Dr. Naficy 2 weeks ago and am still healing and worrying over many little things. So far very impressed with the results! I have to say Dr. Naficy and staff are amazing---very impressive--above and beyond all others.
    I also have 2 small children that are alway on the verge of bonking my nose!

    Your nose looks amazing and I can't see a need for revision from your photos. Also there is always the chance that your child could bump you again during recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a lovely post, thank you very much for sharing your experience it entertainment me a lot.
    I really wanted to undergo Rhinoplasty yet I wasn't that brave when it comes to pain. How much pain do you feel by the way on and before the surgery? One of my cousin said that when I have doubt about Rhinoplasty Los Angeles doctors can help me a lot. I guess I might visit her doctor one of this day.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on your successful surgery. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. Got to say, the results look awesome. More power and health to you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Rhinoplasty or nose surgery, sometimes referred to as “nose reshaping” or a “nose job,” improves the appearance and proportion of your nose, enhancing facial harmony and self confidence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rhinoplasty or nose cosmetic procedure improves the characteristics and shape of the nose. Each individual exhibit different passages.

    aljur

    ReplyDelete
  10. These is so much recovery been seen here of your nose. Congratulation for the successful nose surgery. You looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You posted just one pic. But it is looking good. It shows great surgery been done on you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Rhinoplasty is most used by people to make their nose attractive and improve the physical appearance. Many celebrities aswell abounding this anaplasty for authoritative their attending added beautiful.

    nose job

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was great reading your article. I think this is a very good service for the patients who had done surgeries in their face. This make them confident with their personality. So, in my opinion, it will be a great service to this generation. Can u please refer http://www.drkolstad.com/ .
    I think it will give you some additional information’s about this field. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm planning to have my nose job in Manila and this blog has been very helpful in knowing the benefits of having rhinoplasty. Thanks for sharing and good luck with your rhinoplasty!

    ReplyDelete
  15. nose correction is a risk factor,but great to see this..
    view Nose correction bhopal

    ReplyDelete
  16. thank you for your blog post about your personal experience, I know it's irritating when something is happened on your face and you see that all the time whenever you face it on mirror. i had also get treatment in rhinoplasty at Enhance-SNO and trust me Dr. Omi Jindal is one of the best rhinoplasty surgeon in punjab

    ReplyDelete
  17. Rhinoplasty is the cosmetic surgical procedure that can correct the various deformities of the nose. This procedure is very popular and is frequently chosen by patients all around the world. It has dual benefits- It helps improving nasal function and enhances appearance. If a patient has problem in breathing, Rhinoplasty can correct internal structure of the nose. A nose with deformities can make breathing difficult with age as the nose gets longer causing the tip of the nose to drop down. In such situations, Rhinoplasty can be of great help

    ReplyDelete
  18. I had nose fillers last year. Rhinoplasty and nose fillers are soooooo different. My next project is rhinoplasty but I am really scared of the pain. Thank you for sharing your post. Greetings!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Rhinoplasty may be done using general or local anesthesia. It is usually done as an outpatient procedure but sometimes requires a 1-night stay in the hospital or surgery center.

    Best Rhinoplasty Surgeons Philippines

    ReplyDelete

  20. Get Best Face Lift Surgeon in Delhi by Dr. Rajeev Ahuja (Sir Ganga Ram Hospital)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like this post,And I guess that they having fun to read this post,they shall take a good site to make a information,thanks for sharing it to me. surgeongate.org/michigan-plastic-surgery/michigan-rhinoplasty/

    ReplyDelete