Friday, March 13, 2009

Days Before Surgery

After my consultation with Dr Naficy, I was convinced I wanted to go ahead. So I made the appointment, figured out how to pay, and started preparing mentally. Leading up to the surgery I was really excited and couldn't wait... until the 2 days before. Then I went through all the classic emotions of doubt, being scared of the surgery and recovery, worried about how my body will react. I wasn't at all concerned about the result, I trusted Dr. Naficy 100%. But i don't do well with meds, or loss of control (for example I freaked out during my 27 hour labor with the epidural that numbed my whole body). But then every time i looked in the mirror, or my reflection in the car window, i saw that awful hump, and desperately wanted it gone. I had to suck it up, and just be brave and go through with it.

The Night Before

Freaking out, time to take a valium, and boy that does the trick. Packed my bag with the drugs and papers they gave me. Took out all my supplies, and took care of emails and work. Went to bed at 10pm, feeling super anxious now.

2 comments:

  1. We can understand those days would not be easy for you because you must be very anxious about your nose surgery. Nice experience you have shared here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This behavior is common with everyone who are planning to go for plastic surgery or nose surgery. But you need to understand that we have so improved in medical science that now we can perform anything with our body without any worry of any complications or side effect BSN Creatine

    ReplyDelete