Friday, March 13, 2009

Recovery: 1 Day Post-Op (photos)

Apparently days 2 & 3 are the worst days. My congestion is much worse, nose is nearly completely stuffed. Called the doc to get a refill on valium because i'm starting to have freak out panic attacks from not being able to breath. Doc said i can use the Afrin nose spray they gave me, but use it very sparingly. I tried one spray in each nostril and it relieves congestion a tiny bit, enough to not freak out.

Today I also get some more bruising and swelling, but it's not as bad as I expected. I have really puffy eyes, lots of swelling between the eyes, and upper cheeks. Here's a photo from day 2 (with hubby in the background, haha). But as you can see bruising is minimal, hooray!


Going to try to take a nap, and stay on the Tylenol + Valium routine, seems to work for me. I wish i can blow my nose so bad, but i have to wait for 2 weeks. Instead they told me to clean it out if i feel like i need to blow my nose. I end up cleaning it out a LOT. Not much appetite. Physically i feel good, pretty exhausted, but able to get around ok, just very slowly. I just wish i can sleep more than 15 minutes at a time. Luckily my mom is here to help, and hubby is taking care of our little toddler Luna, who seems unphased by the stuff on my nose, it's cute.

I'm really hoping that day 3 tomorrow starts to get better. It's the congestion that is driving me insane.

No comments:

Post a Comment