Friday, March 13, 2009

Surgery Day (photos)

Surgery Day

Slept pretty well, and up at 6am. Super nervous, popped another valium. My appointment was at 8:30am, we got there a few minutes early and they were all ready for me. They had me take off my shirt, kept everything else on, and put on the softest robe i've even felt in my life, i didn't want to give that up! Went into the operating room, and lay down on the table. She inserted the IV, asked me about my sweet Luna, what I do for work, and that's the last thing i remember.

Next thing I know someone is talking to me waking me up. I don't remember anything she said except for "there was very minimal bruising". What a great thing to hear right out of surgery! Apparently I asked her the same question 4 times... "How far to put the q-tip in to clean my nose?". I don't remember any of that, don't remember seeing my hubby, don't remember getting in the car or driving home. Suddenly I was at home in bed.

Recovery: Day 1

We are home in a flash (it's a 20-30 minute drive), and I'm in bed feeling pretty good. So good that i get up to walk around and watch TV, check email, chit chat with my hubby and mom. Took percocet and antibiotic, not much appetite, and my face looks remarkably normal, here's a pic of me an hour after surgery:

I started icing immediately alternating sides so i could watch tv. After 4 hours, take 2 percocet, and here's where things go south. Feeling extremely nauseous, and feeling lots of anxiety and panic. Tried to sleep and it's impossible. Mouth breathing sucks and woke me up every time i was about to fall asleep.

Feeling really nauseous from the Percocet, and eventually I vomit like the exorcist... over and over and over. BUT i feel much better after that. So I ate some cream o wheat and bagel, then switched to Tylenol extra strength and a valium. I like the valium a lot, it really helps panic attacks and anxiety. I can see why people get hooked!

Surprisingly the pain is very minimal. It's like a dull headache in your head, and your nose, but it doesn't hurt one bit. I probably don't even need the Tylenol, but i'm taking is just in case. What i need more than anything is valium to prevent panic attacks. I don't do well with total congestion and loss of control. Finally fall alseep at 4am and wake up at 6:30am.

2 comments:

  1. The recover after day 1 in surgery is given in the post here. Know all about it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your Rhinoplasty surgery experience and posting the images. You should get such nice result.
    Rhinoplasty Berlin

    ReplyDelete