Friday, March 20, 2009

Recovery: 10 Days Post-Op (photos)

Summary:
Pain = none
Congestion = plenty, but getting some air thru both nostrils finally
Swelling = tiny bit left on the cheeks and face, obviously tons left on the nose (80%)
Bruising = some yellow patches still on my cheeks, can mostly cover with makeup.

Congestion is getting teeny bit better each day. Took a nap today for 2 hours which was fantastic, and woke up with just a sorta dry mouth, not desert dry like usual, so that's great!



First day i put on makeup today. It's funny, when i put on makeup I can tell my face still has some swelling on it, feels a little different than usual. I'm guessing probably 10% left on the face before my cheeks are back to normal, little more volume there than usual and also below my eyes. Even though the nose still is swollen, to me it's already a huge improvement and i'm so very happy with the results already! I can see a glimpse of what it will look like. Just to run my finger over my nose and feel no hump is AMAZING and i'm so happy. :)

As you can see from the pics, the swelling in the nose is mostly in the width (front view). From the side it's looking really good, that will also go down a bit, but wow, i am loving the profile.

Still have to mouth breath but sometimes can breathe thru the nose only! but just for a few seconds, it feels good. i have forgotten by now what it feels like to breathe normally through your nose with your mouth closed, i'm so used to walking around with my mouth open. I hope that doesn't become a habit, haha.

8 comments:

  1. I know that this is soo long ago, your surgery. But I just got my Rhinoplasty surgery done and I feel kind of depressed. I feel like my nose is piggy like and upturned! Did you feel the same way. Your nose looks absolutely beautiful.
    Did the tip go down for you some after the swelling? Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did have the tip lifted as part of my procedure. I vaguely remember taking a while to get used to the upturn, but my mom kept saying it looks way better. Once the swelling goes all the way down (give it a full year!), it seems like everything kind of clicked and looked right. The first few months it's hard to tell with all the swelling. I think give it time, and don't get down about it, you are in the hardest part right now, once you get thru the first 2-3 months, you'll be able to see the real shape. I know i'm so happy my doc did the upturned tip, it does make a big difference and improvement. Best of luck!

      Delete
  2. Hey, you looks really great after Rhinoplasty.May i know the details of the doctor? My friend is needing it. Also what was the total cost?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lianna - thank you for your comments! My doctor is Dr. Naficy in Bellevue Washington. I researched many doctors in the area and he seems to be the best at Rhinoplasty. That also means he is more expensive than others. The total cost if I remember correctly was just under $10,000. I think that's definitely more than others, but you figure it's your face! And it's permanent surgery so probably not a time to skimp on cost. You can go in for a consult before you decide which was really helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm 21 days post op, I had the hump removed and filled down but some how I still see it, do you think it'll go down in time with the swelling? My Dr. Dr says not to worry so much but I'm scared everything I went through was for nothing. Any thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your result. It looks so nice and very natural. Thank you for sharing Rhinoplasty Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  6. A Rhinoplasty or Nose Job is a plastic surgery procedure used for correcting and reconstructing the shape of the nose.

    Rhinoplasty Lebanon

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Nice blog, Hump Reduction is also referred to as Dorsal Hump Reduction, is most common types of rhinoplasty that aims to reduce the appearance of a hump or bump on the nose.

    ReplyDelete