Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Recovery: 2 Weeks Post-Op

Pain = none
Congestion = worse, because i caught a cold, boo!
Swelling = improved a tiny bit
Bruising = all gone, hooray!

It's been exactly 2 weeks since surgery, hooray! I'm amazed how much the swelling has improved in the past week. I keep the tape on as much as possible. I can tell overall things are healing, when i bend down i don't "feel" my nose like i did before. And it's a tiny bit less tender each day on the bridge where they got rid of the hump.

Well, as I suspected a caught a cold and now i'm sick. Boo! I'm spending all day in bed and going to take a nap later. Mainly i'm just more congested, headache, and tired. Which is a bummer because i was starting to feel so good with the congestion improving! but hopefully all the ginger tea and rest will heal me quickly. I'm looking forward to clear nasal airways again!

A few more stiches came out the past couple days. I have no idea how many are up there, but I think i can feel a few more left, it's hard to tell. My nose is starting to feel a lot more normal and now it's just the tip that's numb (and also the most swollen part).

All that aside, i love the new profile as it emerges! For now back to nursing my cold, must get rid of this thing soon.

3 comments:

  1. It seems like some tough time for you during recovery. Good thing is that you had no pain during that period.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of the most noticeable benefits of a rhinoplasty is increased self-confidence such as yourself. Aspects of the nose which before made you feel uncomfortable or self conscious are removed and a happier more comfortable body image is the final result. Rhinoplasty Philippines

    ReplyDelete
  3. Revision Rhinoplasty corrects the errors of a previous nostril surgical treatment, which might also consist of minor fixes and predominant reconstruction.

    ReplyDelete